Luisa Upcycled Top (from Dress) with Indigenous Front Yoke, Cobalt
The Luisa empire-waist top is upcycled from our Lulu maxi dress, to reduce the consumption of finite resources of our planet, participating in circular fashion, and supporting a circular economy. Made of reclaimed printed viscose, it has a contrast indigenous ikat tribal fabric on the front yoke.
Native to indigenous Cordillera artisans from the northern part of the Philippines, the ikat was almost a dying craft but was revived in the early seventies. Using ancient techniques passed down from previous generations, plants are grown and harvested to make the natural dyes, the yarns are then tied and dyed, and the finished dyed yarns are set-up one by one on a loom to which are then handwoven to create the various ikat patterns.
The reclaimed rayon fabric that makes the rest of the Lulu dress is leftover from another production that otherwise would have been discarded to the trash, and therefore, a landfill. This dress supports various sustainable efforts!
Supporting, preserving, and celebrating indigenous tribes and their rich culture is at the heart of KINdom. We are all KIN.
• V-neck empire-waist top with contrast indigenous tribal yoke & tie-back
• Self: 95% bamboo, 5% spandex (reclaimed). Contrast: 100% cotton (indigenous textile)
• Self: Reclaimed fabric from dead stock, so no additional resources or chemicals used
• Made in the Philippines & China, upcycled in the USA
• Professional wet clean (more eco-friendly), or dry-clean.