What is KINdom?
KIN = related; one's family relations
Because humans and nature are created from the same building blocks of the universe, we are directly related to each other. We are connected. We are KIN. We are of the same elements that make up the world around us and beyond the reaches of space. You are The Universe! Let's build an environment where we are the responsible stewards of nature, living things, and each other. Let's build a KINDOM.
KINDOM uses sustainable, natural, recycled, reclaimed, and indigenous materials, fair trade made in ethical and compliant facilities, while also offering size-inclusive & gender-inclusive fashion. Prior to the UN Sustainable Development Goals being implemented, KINDOM already had its own set of Environmental Initiatives to lower the environmental impact for the planet. When the UN Goals launched earlier in 2019, we aligned these goals to our original initiatives:
- Preserve the planet by using sustainable materials, such as organic cotton and bamboo textiles (UN Sustainable Goals #12, 13, 14, 15).
- Prevent further depletion of resources by the use of recycled materials, such as rPET textiles made from recycled plastic bottles (UN Sustainable Goals #12, 13, 14, 15).
- Prevent further pollution by reclaiming and using deadstock materials that otherwise would end up in a landfill or incinerator (UN Sustainable Goals #12, 13, 14, 15).
- Preserve humanity’s diverse cultures and history by using indigenous materials and supporting marginalized communities (UN Sustainable Goals #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11).
- Promote closed-loop production by upcycling, and fostering partnerships and collaborations with like-minded individuals or companies for a more circular economy (UN Sustainable Goals #12, 13, 14, 15, 17).
- Prevent additional waste by implementing zero-waste design (UN Sustainable Goals #12, 13, 14, 15)
- Use limited packaging made of compostable or biodegradable materials ((UN Sustainable Goals #12, 13, 14, 15).
- Work with fair-trade, compliant, or certified suppliers (UN Sustainable Goals #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12).