Lulu Maxi Dress with Front Yoke Inset (indigenous), Eggplant/Ikat
The Lulu prairie maxi dress is made of bamboo jersey with an indigenous tribal ikat textile at the front yoke. Native to indigenous Cordillera artisans from the northern part of the Philippines, the ikat was almost a dying craft until it was revived in the early seventies. Using ancient techniques passed down from previous generations, plants are grown and harvested to make the natural dyes, the yarns are then tied and dyed, and the finished dyed yarns are set-up one by one on a loom to which are then handwoven to create the various ikat patterns.
Supporting, preserving, and celebrating indigenous tribes and their rich culture is at the heart of KINdom. We are all KIN.
• V-neck maxi dress with contrast indigenous tribal yoke
• Self: 95% bamboo, 5% spandex (reclaimed). Contrast: 100% cotton (indigenous textile)
• Self: Reclaimed fabric from dead stock, so no additional resources or chemicals used
• Made in the Philippines and China
• Professional wet clean (more eco-friendly), or dry-clean