Lulu Maxi Dress with Front Yoke Inset (indigenous), Black
The Lulu prairie maxi dress is made of bamboo jersey with an indigenous textile in a tribal stripe at the front yoke. The tribal stripes were created by indigenous Ga'dang artisans from the Cordillera highlands, in the northern part of the Philippines, using ancient handwoven techniques passed down from previous generations. Traditionally used as women’s skirts (“aken”) and men’s g-strings or loin cloths ("abag"), these fabrics were generally worn during rituals and special occasions such as weddings and festivals.
Supporting, preserving, and celebrating indigenous tribes and their rich culture is at the heart of KINdom. We are all KIN.
• V-neck maxi dress with contrast indigenous tribal yoke
• Self: 95% bamboo, 5% spandex (reclaimed). Contrast: 100% cotton (indigenous textile)
• Self: Reclaimed fabric from dead stock, so no additional resources or chemicals used
• Made in the Philippines and China
• Professional wet clean (more eco-friendly), or dry-clean